Sunday, May 4, 2014

Statistics & Reflection

Statistics

Our group’s POEM@Home (Protein Optimization with Energy Methods) grid completed 7248 total units of work throughout the duration of this semester. We noticed that the program began working on a new project about every 3 hours.

This grid was utilized to:
  • predict the biologically active structure of proteins
  • understand the signal-processing mechanisms when the proteins interact with one another
  • understand diseases related to protein malfunction or aggregation
  • develop new drugs on the basis of the three-dimensional structure of biologically important proteins
  • simulate miscellaneous nanoscale systems, which are of importance for current biological or physical research

Reflection
Our group was extremely grateful to be involved in this service learning project throughout this class. Dr. Walker introduced us to a new side of service. Most students in the past have believed that service is only beneficial if done in the community, but it was interesting to learn that a project of this nature was just a beneficial. Additionally, meeting with a medical professional allowed us to connect our class learning to real world experiences through the informative stories Mrs. Liebergen  shared. We are very fortunate to have learned much more about the specifics of this disease and to make essential connections from this grid project to professionals in this field.
By simply downloading and running a program in the background on a computer can help to solve medical mysteries. We hope that in the future, this blog will help others to learn the benefits of grid computing. If more people were willing to help in this way, the opportunities to learn more about protein encoding are endless. By making a slight contribution to the worldwide grid computing effort, scientists are one step closer to learning how to make more effective drugs to combat cystic fibrosis.

1 comment:

  1. Chemicals used in industries gives me Leukemia Cancer and it's all started when I wanted to get off my job to get another job that when I got diagnose, at that very point I was so scared to die because it has infected my blood cells also I was prescribed drugs like Cyclophosphamide,Busulfan,Bosutinib,Cytarabine, Cytosar-U (Cytarabine),Dasatinib in all that was just to keep me waiting for my dying day. I got inspired by what I read from a lady called Tara Omar on blog spot on how Dr Itua cure her HIV/Aids then they were lettered below that says he can cure Cancer so I pick his contact on the testimony she wrote then I emailed Dr Itua hopefully he replied swiftly to my mail then I purchased his Herbal medicine also it was shipped to me here in Texas, I went to pick it at post office so he instructs me on how the treatment will take me three weeks to cure my Leukemia Disease, Joyfully I was cured by this Dr Itua Herbal Medicine.
    I will advise you too to give a try to Dr Itua Herbal Medicine with the following diseases that he can help you cure forever___Diabetes, Herpes,HIV/Aids, Bladder Cancer, Breast Cancer, Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Vaginal Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo_Rectal Cancer, Leukemia Cancer, Hepatitis, Brain Tumors, Tach Disease,Love Spell, Infertility, Hpv. GoodLuck,XoXo****
    Dr Itua Contact Information:::
    Email (drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com)
    WhatsApp-(+2348149277967)  

    ReplyDelete